Are you an AFOL (Adult Fan Of Lego)? Do you know what LEGO Digital Designer is? If not, are you intrigued? Take a look at the LEGO Ninjago trailer and see if that inspires you!
We are currently looking for a mid to senior-level Modeller who is available in March for a short, three-month contract.
Candidates with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
· 3+ years of experience in commercials, feature films and/or animated features.
· Production experience using Maya, Z Brush and/or Mudbox.
· Strong experience with photo realistic hard surfacing and/or character modelling.
· A strong understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models.
· Ability to follow a brief and produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form.
· Technically aware of the requirements of rigging.
· An understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density.
· A good understanding of the needs of surfacing and an ability to provide good UV layouts of your models.
· Ability to translate approved 3D sculptural form or concept art into production ready geometry.
· Interest in environments and set dressing.
· Interest in pipeline and process.
· Experience and ability in guiding and mentoring junior level crew.
· Ability to provide topology and turntables examples.
· Traditional sculpting skills a plus.
To be successful in these roles, the following is required of all candidates:
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Strong technical and visual skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
Demo reel requirements:
· Turntables and wireframes
We encourage you to ‘assemble’ in LEGO Digital Designer and include any of your creations in your reel. You can find the link to LDD here: http://ldd.lego.com/en-au/
Due to the length of contact and start date we are ideally looking for Australian citizens or permanent residents or candidates who are eligible for a work and holiday visa.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!